Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Clues to Good Cooking

Many years ago, I was given The Nancy Drew Cookbook, Clues to Good Cooking, as a gift. It is a collection of over 100 recipes including things such as Tapping Heels Griddle Cakes, Blackwood Hall Muffins, Old Album Meatballs, Crossword Cipher Chicken, Bungalow Mystery Salad, Dancing Puppet Parfait, and Whistling Bagpipes Crunchies. I've made several of these recipes over the years and as a mater of fact, my family will be making Twisted Candles Peach Crisp and Old Clock Ice Cream Pie later this week. The recipes are simple and very easy to prepare, making it a great book for those with little cooking experience.

Although the original book from 1973 is now out of print, Grosset & Dunlap reprinted the book in 2005, making this cute book available to Nancy Drew fans once again. I picked up the newest version a few years ago and although the formatting is different, for the most part, the recipes are the same. I have a picture of both versions shown above.

No comments:

Post a Comment