Instructions: Print the story and circle the key words found in the titles of the 56 Nancy Drew yellow hardback books. By doing this, you will discover the one book that is not mentioned in the story.
When you think you know the answer, feel free to post it under "Comments." I'll wait to post them until Friday when I post the answer. I hope you have fun with this!! :D
*•..•*•..•* •..•*•..•* •..•*•..•*•..•*•..•* •..•*•..•* •..•*•..•*•..•*•..•* •..•*•..•*
Looking back at how it all began, it was like one crazy summer of solving mystery after mystery, like I was stuck in a twilight zone gone terribly awry where I was forever 18, always seeking clues...
One morning, as I was driving home after delivering legal papers for my dad, I came to an old haunted bridge. At the end of it, was a fallen tree blocking my way. A message in the hollow oak told me to take a detour past Red Gate Farm and turn left when I spied a leaning chimney. I got lost looking for it, and stumbled upon a mystery involving a whispering statue wearing a broken locket and a velvet mask. The statue whispered to me about a secret involving Larkspur Lane and an old album.
I immediately headed right over and after I located the album, I found a picture of an old clock. However, I soon learned that a ringmaster stole it to cover up his secret. Soon after, I discovered a mysterious letter inside a jewel box in an old bungalow, but before I could read the letter, a mysterious mannequin and a wooden lady stole it.
On their tail, my roadster had a flat tire outside of Blackwood Hall where I found an old brass-bound trunk. Inside was a missing map with directions to Crocodile Island where I discovered the thirteenth pearl in the old attic of a moss-covered mansion. While wearing the necklace, I was double jinxed and tumbled down a crooked banister, falling 99 steps, in a hidden staircase. A mysterious potion in an ivory charm brought me back to life and I spied a sky phantom holding twisted candles. They illuminated an old diary which I tried to decipher.
It told about a hidden window at Lilac Inn on the shore of Mirror Bay. A strange message in a parchment and a crossword cipher located in the back of the book told me to find the glowing eye at Moonstone Castle which would reveal a clue in the crumbling wall.
I never found that place and instead went on a quest for the invisible intruder's scarlet slipper at Pine Hill. An adventure at the ski jump led to a clue inside a tolling bell which opened a secret entrance to a forgotten city on Shadow Ranch. There I solved the mystery of the fire dragon's dancing puppet who was whistling bagpipes. And in a dramatic flourish to end my adventure, wearing tapping heels and a spider sapphire necklace, I hopped on an old stagecoach that was parked by the witch tree and stopped at a golden pavilion before finally catching a haunted showboat and heading home.
So as every hard working girl detective would say, “All in a day’s work.”
--Based upon the original story by Jennifer Fisher
When you think you know the answer, feel free to post it under "Comments." I'll wait to post them until Friday when I post the answer. I hope you have fun with this!! :D
*•..•*•..•* •..•*•..•* •..•*•..•*•..•*•..•* •..•*•..•* •..•*•..•*•..•*•..•* •..•*•..•*
Looking back at how it all began, it was like one crazy summer of solving mystery after mystery, like I was stuck in a twilight zone gone terribly awry where I was forever 18, always seeking clues...
One morning, as I was driving home after delivering legal papers for my dad, I came to an old haunted bridge. At the end of it, was a fallen tree blocking my way. A message in the hollow oak told me to take a detour past Red Gate Farm and turn left when I spied a leaning chimney. I got lost looking for it, and stumbled upon a mystery involving a whispering statue wearing a broken locket and a velvet mask. The statue whispered to me about a secret involving Larkspur Lane and an old album.
I immediately headed right over and after I located the album, I found a picture of an old clock. However, I soon learned that a ringmaster stole it to cover up his secret. Soon after, I discovered a mysterious letter inside a jewel box in an old bungalow, but before I could read the letter, a mysterious mannequin and a wooden lady stole it.
On their tail, my roadster had a flat tire outside of Blackwood Hall where I found an old brass-bound trunk. Inside was a missing map with directions to Crocodile Island where I discovered the thirteenth pearl in the old attic of a moss-covered mansion. While wearing the necklace, I was double jinxed and tumbled down a crooked banister, falling 99 steps, in a hidden staircase. A mysterious potion in an ivory charm brought me back to life and I spied a sky phantom holding twisted candles. They illuminated an old diary which I tried to decipher.
It told about a hidden window at Lilac Inn on the shore of Mirror Bay. A strange message in a parchment and a crossword cipher located in the back of the book told me to find the glowing eye at Moonstone Castle which would reveal a clue in the crumbling wall.
I never found that place and instead went on a quest for the invisible intruder's scarlet slipper at Pine Hill. An adventure at the ski jump led to a clue inside a tolling bell which opened a secret entrance to a forgotten city on Shadow Ranch. There I solved the mystery of the fire dragon's dancing puppet who was whistling bagpipes. And in a dramatic flourish to end my adventure, wearing tapping heels and a spider sapphire necklace, I hopped on an old stagecoach that was parked by the witch tree and stopped at a golden pavilion before finally catching a haunted showboat and heading home.
So as every hard working girl detective would say, “All in a day’s work.”
--Based upon the original story by Jennifer Fisher

It's the Black Keys!!(meatloafbandit
ReplyDeleteBook #28 The Clue of the Black Keys
ReplyDeleteAnother great one GirlD!! This was really cute!
ReplyDeleteThe Clue of the Black Keys #28 is missing.
The Clue of the Black Keys!!! :)
ReplyDelete